Recipe courtesy of Woman’s Day
- 2 cup(s) thinly sliced fennel
- 2 (1 cup) leeks (white and pale green parts only), rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) skinless halibut fillet, cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- Serve with: sourdough bread and olive oil for drizzlin
- 12 ounce(s) small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 jar(s) (26 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) water
- cup(s) dry red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) hot pepper flakes
- 24 cleaned mussels
- 12 sea scallops, halved if very large
- Mix all ingredients except seafood in a 5-qt or less larger slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Raise heat to high; stir in seafood. Cover and cook 20 to 40 minutes until mussels and seafood is cooked.